There are many people all over the world, who wish desperately to enhance their height. They want to have a good height but don’t know the proper ways to increase the height. Due to this many people lose opportunities to take part in many activities and try their choice of fields like army, police force, air force, modeling, air hostess and other fields where height is a demanding criterion. People try many different ways like medicine, acupressure treatments etc. to gain height, but these all are very expensive and doubtful ways and there is no 100% assurance whether it will work or not. The best way to gain height is to do some exercises to increase height.
There are many types of exercises like yoga, stretching and free hand exercises to increase height. Physical trainers and health science experts have accepted the fact that exercising is the best to increase height.
The different exercises to increase height are listed below:
Yoga is a very good form of exercising with no side effects. Few yoga exercises to increase your height are as follows:
- Lie down straight on the floor. Let your body rest comfortably. Then slowly stretch your left foot in the direction of right and right foot in the direction of left. Do not stretch too hard. Then bring back your foot to the normal position. Now stretch your right foot towards right and left foot towards left, but follow the same guidelines while releasing.
- Lie down on your stomach and chest. Keep your palms on the ground near the hips. Slowly bend your legs from your knees and lift the legs up. Let your thigh remain on the ground to provide you support. Now take your hands backward and try to hold your legs. Try to stretch your legs as much as possible while keeping your torso uplifted. Don’t try to stretch too much. And then relax slowly.
Stretching & Free Hand Exercises:
These exercises to increase height are very useful. Some of the exercises to increase height are as follows:
- Forward Bend: To do this exercise stand straight with legs wide spread. Keep your hands up straight and then bend down forward and touch the floor with your hands, without breaking your knees, then return back to your original position.
- Spot Jump: Keep your legs close. Stand on your toe and start jumping with your hand straight up in the air for at least 2 minutes.
- Bar Hanging: Hold a bar that is at least 7 feet above the ground level (so that your foot doesn’t touch the ground when you hand on the bar with your arms straight). Now swing your body while hanging to the bar. Make sure you do not swing with the help of your wrist. Keep your spine straight while swinging.
There are much more exercises to increase height, but the above-mentioned are few basic and most practiced.
Human height is an important aspect of the personality. Though genetics plays a vital role in determining it, physical exercises to increase height always remains a viable option for those challenged with short stature, prior to a certain age.
Why Exercises to Increase Height?
Every activity inside the body is primarily a chemical reaction. It is initiated and terminated by signaling molecules known as hormones. They are produced by organs called glands and are separated so as to allow them to get dissolved in the blood stream. This process is called secretion.
Researchers at the Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK in 2003, reported that along with sleep, exercise does act as a stimulus for the secretion of human growth hormone (hGH).
Though the exact mechanism underlying this effect is not known, the study proved that load and frequency of resistance training are the determining factors in the regulation of hGH secretion and for initiating exercise-induced growth hormone response (EIGR). This response is found to even delay the negative effects of aging on height raise.
Some Exercises to Increase Height are:
Stretching – This exercise strengthens the muscles and reduces the compressions of the discs of the invertebrate. The cartilages of the spine become thick and lengthen it increasing the height.
Hanging – The effect of gravity on the body is that it compresses the spines and makes the tissues which support the structure become thinner. This gives an appearance of being short. Hanging counteracts to this affect by making the lower torso weight stretch the spine and decrease the pull on the vertebrate. The height is known to increase by one to two inches.
Procedure: A horizontal bar should be placed high enough so as to allow the entire body to extend. In case, the whole body cannot extend, it will suffice if the knees are bend slightly to allow hanging freely. While grasping the bar, the palms should face away and the thumbs must touch. If the arms, shoulders, and hips are allowed to relax, the gravity effectively pulls the body further. Wearing ankle weights increase the benefits of this exercise to increase height. The process should last for 20 seconds at least followed by a gap and repeated three times for sure.
Dry Land Swim: It is also known as the Alternate Leg Kick and focuses on the lower back. To perform this exercise, a person has to lay down flat on the stomach and extend the body completely.
Procedure: The arms should be stretched in the forward direction with the palms facing the floor. One arm should be lifted higher than the other, say the left arm is placed above the right. Keeping the legs in straight position, the right leg should be raised off the ground as much as possible. In the initial stages, this position should be maintained for at least 4 seconds before repeating the process on another leg. However, the aim should be to reach a stage where this position is continued for 20 seconds. In order to increase the effectiveness of this exercise to increase height, wrist and ankle weights can be added to the workout. It enhances the stamina and tone up the lower back muscles further.
Pelvic Shift: It is one of the favorite exercises to increase height for all fitness instructors. It is involves a feeling of the spine and hips been stretched up and down quickly.
Procedure: The exercise begins by the person lying on the back with the shoulders and arms firmly placed on the floor. The knees should be bent and the feet should be brought as close to the buttocks a possible. The back should be now brought to an arch shape letting the pelvis to thrust upwards. This position is to be held for at least 20 seconds initially, later extending it to 30 seconds. Conclusion: As with any fitness regime, exercises to increase height should be carried out regularly to see the benefits within appropriate time frame.