Bloating is build up of gas inside our intestines and stomach. Common cause of bloating is eating certain gas-producing food such as carbonated beverages, cabbage, spinach, etc. Bloating can also occur due to swallowing excess air (during stress), lactose intolerance, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), etc. Some home remedies can be effective in treating bloating.
Home Remedies for Bloating
Listed below are some effective home remedies for bloating:
- Fennel Tea as a Treatment for Bloating: Experts suggest that the carminative property of fennel seeds can remove gas from the stomach and intestines, thereby treating bloating. To prepare fennel tea, one can add a teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds in a cup of boiling water. Cover it for some time and then strain it. One might drink the tea twice daily
- Anise as a Treatment for Bloating: It is suggested that being a digestive, anise can help in removal of gas from the stomach and intestines. This might cure bloating. One might eat raw anise after any meal to help promote digestion. Alternately, one can drink it as a tea. For this, two teaspoon of crushed anise seeds can steeped in a cup of hot water for about 10 minutes
- Indian Gooseberry to Treat Bloating: It is believed that Indian gooseberry can be effective in releasing gas from the stomach and intestines, thereby treating bloating. One might eat one raw Indian gooseberry a day after a meal to treat bloating
- Mint Tea as a Treatment for Bloating: Mint is considered to possess excellent carminative property. This might ease bloating. One can add few fresh and crushed mint leaves in a cup of boiling water. Cover it for about 5 minutes. You might strain the liquid and drink it after a meal
To prevent bloating, one may not want to consume fried, spicy and rich food. These can cause acidity in the stomach that may give rise to bloating. Exercise and yoga can also be effective in releasing gas and relieving bloating sensation.
Home Remedies for Gastroesophageal Reflux
What is Gastroesophageal Reflux or GERD?
Gastroesophageal reflux or GERD is a serious condition in which stomach acid or bile regurgitate into the esophagus. The continued liquid reflux can irritate the esophageal wall, leading to inflamed esophagus.
Symptoms of Gastroesophageal Reflux or GERD
Listed below are some common symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux:
- Chest Pain
- Dysphagia (difficulty or pain in swallowing)
- Sour Taste in the Mouth