What is Asthma?
The word Asthma has been derived from the Greek word meaning Panting or Shortdrawn Breath. It is mainly an allergic condition of the body that induces acute breathlessness.
What are the causes of Asthma?
- It is an allergic conditions primarily caused due to bad weather conditions.
- Asthma is caused due to bad food habits
- Intake of excessive drugs and excessive usage of perfumes can trigger an asthma attack
- Allergy to dust or pollution is another common factor that causes this attack.
What are the symptoms of Asthma?
- Breathlessness and spasms.
- Coughing and wheezing
- There is a tightness or heaviness experienced in the chest
Home remedy for Asthma
- Honey is a very effective remedy to combat this disease. If a jug filled honey is kept under the nose of an asthmatic patient and he inhales the smell for quite long, he will feel a great relief and it will easier for the patient to breathe easily. Also if you are prone to asthmatic attack have a teas spoonful of honey every morning when you wake up.
- Remove phlegm of 3-4 figs and soak it overnight . Drink the water. This is an effective remedy.
- The best and natural way to treat asthma is to adopt appropriate diet patterns. Asthmatic patients should eat easily digestible food. Avoid rice, lentil and over-fried food. Sick to vegetables and fruits, especially citrus fruits.
- Practicing yoga asana and pranayamas are also an effective remedy to fight this disease as it helps to strengthen the lungs, digestive system and circulatory organs which plays a pivotal role in our life.
- The patient suffering from this disease should be essentially be given an enema to clean the colon and to prevent auto-intoxication. This will help in the prevention of an asthma attack.
- Wet mudpacks can be applied to the chest to strengthen the lungs. This also gives great relief during congestion.
- An Asthmatic patient should be made to perspire through steam bath, which is also useful to relieve the congested lungs.
- Asthmatic patient should also have raw onion with any meal daily. This will help in the prevention of the attack..
- Mixture of 5grams of Indian Gooseberry (Amla) with 1tablespoon of honey is proved to be a very valuable home remedy for asthma.
- Boil garlic with milk and have it everyday if you are prone to asthma attack.