Pineapple is one of the most popular tropical fruits that are loaded with essential minerals and vitamins and also adored for its delectable taste. It is a rich source of Manganese, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, Magnesium, dietary fibers and Copper. Apart from being widely used in various recipes, it is also known for promoting several health benefits as discussed below:
- Manganese Source: Pineapple serves as an opulent source of manganese, a mineral that is vital for development of connective tissue and strong bones. Consuming a cup of fresh pineapple will provide about 75% of average recommended daily dosage of manganese. Pineapple is particularly beneficial for old people who have weaker bones owing to age factor.
- Vitamin C Source: Pineapple is one of the best natural foods rich in Vitamin C, which is also a potent anti-oxidant. Due the anti-oxidant properties of the fruit, it protects the body from damages caused by free radicals which in turn prevents atherosclerosis, cancer, heart disease and inflammation. Additionally, Vitamin C boosts proper functioning of the internal immunity system.
- Cancer Prevention: Medical studies suggest that since pineapple is rich in Bromelain content, it has anti cancer properties. By enhancing the immune system’s functionality, bromealain increases the body’s ability to fight and kill tumors naturally. In addition, pineapple is known to have anti metastatic properties which inhibit tumor growth.
- Arthritis Relief: People suffering from arthritis can eat pineapple regularly to alleviate the pain. People who do not have arthritis can eat pineapple or drink pineapple juice as it helps in preventing the disease by strengthening bones.
- Gum Care: If you have unhealthy gums, it would directly affect your teeth and you may end up losing your teeth. Eating pineapple can help in strengthening the gums and make it tougher and stronger to keep your teeth in place till old age.