Are you having annoying black spots or what is commonly known as ‘blackheads’ on your nose, forehead, or other places? Do you want to get rid of them and have a clear skin? But you do not know how. The following points will show you easy remedies on how to get rid of blackheads.
- Always use a mild scrub or exfoliant to remove any dead cells and expose the blackhead 3-4 times a week
- Use creams containing AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Fruit Acids) like gluco-creams this will clear away dead cells which blocks the pores on the skin to expose the blackheads.
- Skin when exposed to sunlight and ultra-violet lights encourages skin peeling and helps to clear blocked pores. Therefore sunbathing is also a helpful tip on how to get rid of blackheads.
- Never use bar soap to wash your face. The ingredients that holds in a bar form can clog the pores in your skin. Splashing plain water to your face to 3 – 4 times a day will help you get rid of blackheads.
- Use a clay base mask, which does not contain any mint content as this may cause irritation of skin. The mask will attract and absorb the oil in the blocked pore.
- You can also use warm compress by placing it on your face for approximately 10-15 minutes to soften blackheads making it easier to remove them. This is the most effective remedy on how to get rid of blackheads.
- Avoid cosmetic products containing alcohol, isopropyl mystate, lanolin, sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium laureth sulphate, propylene glycol, mineral oil and parabens.
- Use a mild cleanser to remove make-up at the end of the day and control oil from your skin as blackheads are caused by excessive oil production clogging the pores. Use a non-comedogenic and oil-free foundation and concealer when wearing make up so they do not block the pores.
- Altering your bad eating habit is also one of the tips on how to get rid of blackheads. Avoid cooked carbohydrates and fats by replacing these with fresh fruits, vegetables and raw fats.
- Knowing the technique on how to get rid of blackheads is very important. Do not try to extract forcibly, using your fingers, fingernails or a comedone (blackhead) remover. This may cause permanent scars to your skin and damages your pores. Squeezing it forcibly will only force some of it even deeper into the skin, which may lead to infection.
- To squeeze your blackheads, gently apply pressure to both sides of the blackhead by pushing down, and then up around the blemish. Place tissue on the tip of your fingers to avoid slipping that would tear the skin and cause further damage and may block the pore completely.
Undoubtedly these methods are the most effective tips on how to get rid of your blackheads. It is also advisable to see a dermatologist if your blackheads are not getting removed and has caused acne, pimple or even a cyst due to squeezing.