It is not easy for everyone to go to a parlor for Brazilian wax. However, you can get same effect by following below steps. Pubic hair removal is done for cosmetic purpose. Of course, you need to keep the area clean and trimmed. But if you do not want any hair down there then these bikini line hair removal treatments will help you do it in the comfort of your house.
How to Get Rid of Pubic Hair at Home
Shaving Pubic Hair
The best option to get rid of unwanted hair from the pubic region is shaving. It might take time to get adjusted to shaving if you are a first timer. You might experience some irritation initially but it will soon subside with time. One usually gets adjusted to the close shave in a month. Listen to your body and act accordingly.
- A pair or scissors or trimmer
- A new razor
- Shaving cream/gel or a hair conditioner
- Steaming hot water
- Moisturizing lotion (unscented)
- Soak yourself in hot water for some time. This will make the pubic hair and the surrounding area soft for shaving.
- Exfoliate the pubic area gently with the help of a exfoliating pad or a loofah. This will remove the dead skin.
- Trim the pubic hair using a trimmer or a pair of scissors. Cut it as short as possible to make the shaving easier.
- Lather the area with a hair conditioner. You can also use a shaving gel or cream.
- Pull the hair tightly with one hand. Use the other hand to shave the have gently in the direction of the hair growth. Never go against the growth of the hair. Use a mirror to get the proper view of the area.
- Once the shaving of pubic hair is over, rub an ice cube over the area. This will close the open pores.
- Pat dry and apply an unscented moisturizer over the shaved place to soothe it.
Waxing Pubic Hair
Waxing is most preferred form of hair removal technique as the results lasts longer than shaving. The hair will start re-growing in about 4 weeks. Regular waxing also diminish the hair growth considerably with time. The only hitch is that it can get a little painful. But you can endure it for amazing results.
- White sugar- 2 cups
- Water- ¼ cup
- Lemon juice- 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil- 1 tablespoon
- Clean a small one square foot area on the counter top or a glass cutting board and coat it with olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients in a pot and boil them together.
- Simmer it till the sugar solution is about 250 degree F. The mixture will turn light caramel color.
- Cook it for about 10 minutes. Take care not to overcook the mixture.
- Once it is done, immediately pour the mixture on the prepared counter top or glass cutting board. Take care as the solution will be extremely hot.
- Once it cools down a bit before it gets hardened, place it in an airtight box. Keep it in the fridge to store it.
- When you want to use it, heat some in the microwave till it becomes soft and warm. Warm it for just 20 seconds else you might burn yourself.
Things to keep in mind while removing hairs
- Use a new razor every time you shave. Using a dull blade is painful and also not hygienic.
- Clean the shaving razor with tap water after every stroke.
- Always apply lubricant before shaving pubic hair.
- Wait for the irritation to subside and then shave the next time.
- After removing the hair wear loose and breathable fabric to let the pubic area breathe.
- In case your skin cannot take shaving then stop it and go for trimming.