Certain symptoms are warning signs for something serious development in your body. It is essential to know about these warning signs so that the disease could be detected before it becomes life threatening. Disease like cancer, if detected early could be cured completely. Diabetes could not be cured even by early detection but timely treatment could reduce the damage it could cause to the body.
Cancer: The list is as per the guidelines from American cancer society:
- Change in bowel or bladder habit. Contact doctor if it lasts for more then 2 weeks.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding. Blood in urine, coughing up blood, blood in vomit, stool should get immediate medical attention.
- Lump or thickening in breast or elsewhere. Most lumps are not cancers but that does not mean that they could be ignored.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing that lasts more then a month.
- Appearance or size change of wart or mole.
- Cough or hoarseness that last more then few weeks should be reported to doctor. Don’t confuse it with simple cold & cough.
Diabetes: The symptoms of diabetes are quite vague and could be confused with normalcy. But, if you have any of these symptoms which are not due to other reasons like frequent urination due to intake of large amount of fluid, fatigue due to overwork or stress then you should consult your doctor immediately.
- Increase in thirst
- Frequent urination
- Unusual increase in appetite
- Weight loss with no reasons.
- Skin infection with no proper explanation
- Wounds healing slowly.
- Vaginal infection that happens frequently.
- Erection problems
- Numbness in hands and feet
Heart Attack: Some of the warning signs of heart attack:
- Crushing chest pain, intensity increase or squeezing are the key warning signs of heart attack.
- The above signs occur with other symptoms which are as follows:-
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain going towards arms, neck or jaw
- Vomiting or Nausea
- Irregular pulse rate
Stroke: National Stroke Association has listed these warning signs of stroke:
- Paralysis, weakness or numbness on arm, face and legs. This occurs especially on one side of the body and does not disappears in few minutes.
- Decrease or blurred vision in one or both the eyes that does not go even with blinking of eyes.
- Difficulties in understanding simple sentences or speaking that has developed newly
- Intense and sudden unexplainable headache.
- Severe loss of balance, dizziness, loss of coordination with other warning signs listed above.
If these symptoms occurs and goes away in few minutes, it might be caused due to TIA (transient ischemic attack) which is a strong signal of major attack that might occur soon.
Popularity: 2% [?]